Salt Therapy is not just pursued by clients wishing to seek relief from
Many of our clients love to absorb the peace that our salt rooms provide taking
General good health and well-being is linked to a longer, happier life. Exposure to negative ions helps achieve good health and well-being, by stimulating the body’s systems and by restoring cells.
Pure Salt Rooms are saturated with negative ions that are produced by the dry salt being introduced into the room.
Negative ions benefit clients by:
- Reducing stress. Stress symptoms can be alleviated by taking in an abundance of negative ions. In doing so, the body releases tension and stress because the negative ions promote increased oxygen levels in the blood and the body begins to relax. This decreases blood pressure and calms breathing which results in a more restful sleep.
- Rapid recovery from fatigue. Being able to quickly recover from fatigue and exhaustion decreases the chance of further depressing the immune system. Negative ions can enhance the body’s recovery from conditions such as chronic fatigue, by helping optimize the uptake of oxygen in the blood which increases the amount of oxygen available to the body. Negative ions can also stabilise serotonin levels in the brain, increasing the client’s feeling of well-being for sufferers of depression and anxiety.
- Clearing the air of allergens. Negative ions are utilised to clear allergens such as dander, mould spores, pollen and dust from the air. The result is that the air in our Salt Rooms is allergen-free. The negative ions also significantly reduce the levels of bacteria and air-borne viruses.
- Fortifying the immune system and helping fight off flu and colds. When a cold or flu hits, it irritates the lungs and causes inflammation of the airways. By taking Salt Therapy before and during the flu season, clients have found that the incidence of colds and flu have decreased. This is because taking in negative ions helps to build the resilience of the cilia in the lungs, thereby strengthening the respiratory system.
- Sports Enhancement and Recovery. The latest trend in professional sports therapy, salt treatments can assist in dramatically enhancing sports performance and recovery and are incorporated into many professional team training regimes. By improving lung function and increasing lung capacity, an athlete’s stamina is also increased reducing recovery time between training sessions. The salt helps normalise the breathing pattern, achieving better performance with less breath, giving athletes more air in reserve.